1. Music in the background :- Music in the background of your website must be avoided as it turns off most of the visitors. Music should only be applied if it is appropriate for for the particular website.
2. Use of flash :- The use of flash must be avoided unless it is absolutely necessary. Excessive use of flash increases the load time of the page. If a site takes too long to open then it is very annoying for the visitor who wants to get into the site in order to get some relevant information.
3. Lack of white space :- The entire page should not be filled with text. There must be some blank space between the information or else it becomes very monotonous for the reader. Large texts must be separated into small paragraphs.
4. Use of fancy font :- The text in the page should be written in some simple font so that it becomes easier for the reader to read it. Fancy fonts should be avoided as it can create difficulty in reading.
5. Size of font :- The size of font should be properly used. The size should not be too big or too small .
6. Huge graphics :- Large byte heavy graphics should be avoided. If you use large graphics then page takes more time to load as a result of which visitors lose patience and goes away.
7. Too many animated gifs :- You may one or two animated gifs but using too many animated gifs can turn off visitors.
8. Talking characters :- Initially talking characters look cool but after a certain period of time these characters become distracting. Until and unless it is absolutely necessary to use these characters keep these away from your site.
9. Front doors :- Front doors are unnecessary annoying pages that have little on them but act as a portal to the actual website.
10. Pop up windows :- Pop up windows should be absolutely avoided as it is a big turn off for the visitors.